Researchers from Southampton University have created a brand new type of storage. This new type of storage is said to be able to last for 13 Billion years as opposed to a normal hard drive which is lucky to survive 15 years. The new type of storage is capable of resisting up to 1000 Degrees celcius. Amazingly the new storage device can handle over 360TB of information inside of a small glass disk, whereas an average computer of today holds about 1TB. It should be quite a long time before we see these commercially available so don’t get your hopes up. Another issue is that even if it is released to the public it would be very very expensive, so if you are prepared to buy a product like this you should really wait a good few years as when the product becomes more commercially available the cheaper it will become.
- Kraken Cryptor Ransomware Connecting to BleepingComputer During Encryption
- Anonymous Facebook ads urge voters ‘to bin Chequers’
- Online sellers ‘pay for positive reviews’
- Winamp 5.8 Media Player Released in All Its Nostalgic Glory
- The Week in Ransomware – October 19th 2018 – GandCrab, Birbware, and More